Feeling like it's not the same organization it used to be or you're losing control?
You may be right on both counts.
By definition, a growing, evolving organization is not the organization it used to be. Meanwhile, managing more people and increasing complexity often puts leaders in a position of less control of some day to day operations. Starting and running an organization is a different challenge than changing one. As organizational leaders struggle with the challenges of growth or a current transition, it is often due to a critical missing piece. Michael Wilkes & Company can help you find what may be missing in your developmental puzzle.
Michael has focused most of his 35-year career on assisting organizations in transition. This includes various roles in business leadership, management consulting, and church/nonprofit board governance. He's ready to put that experience to work for you!
What may be missing in your transition “from A to B”?
- Is your leadership team aligned on where you want to Be? Whether a short-term project or complete organizational transformation, “nodding heads” don’t always mean there’s the necessary commitment for achieving your goals.
- Have you truly faced the facts on where you Are today? What’s working, and what’s not? Is there agreement on what may simply be “growing pains” and what may be more chronic issues that could cause decline at this stage of your organization’s development?
- Is there an action plan in place that details how you will get from A to B? We call closing this GAP the Goal Achievement Process. Specific, sequential steps, along with outlining the adequate resources and necessary communication for making the transition.
- One more piece of the puzzle – will your current culture, organizational structure, and leadership/governance practices help or hinder these changes? This is frequently a missing piece for successful transition, even with an otherwise well thought out “plan”.
- If you are not making the progress you hoped, is there a piece you may be missing?
What Past Clients Say...
The thing that I respect most, is that through his actions and approach, he demonstrates he authentically cares about our team’s improvement and success.
- Steve McQuin, Co-Founder/CEO - FarWell (WI)
The opportunity to leverage Mike's wisdom and experience has been tremendously valuable. He brings a rare combination of deep insights and practical recommendations that were very helpful for us.
- Ben Olson, Board Chair – North Coast Church (CA)